Thursday, January 25, 2007

Intrepid, eh?

I often refer you my readers over to Peddie's Blog. And today, while reading it for myself, I noticed something "new" to me - I don't know how long he's done this, but I just noticed it today.

Peddie has given nicknames to most of the bloggers that has links to. There's "The Random Blogger", "The Sports Blogger", "The Baking Blogger", "The Weekend Blogger", etc...

Then, there's what he calls me: "Shane White - The Intrepid Blogger".

Now, I consider myself a very intelligent person, but I will admit when I have to look into something. Aside from knowing the automobile, I wasn't completely sure what "intrepid" meant, so I looked it up. And here's the definition I found (www.m-w.com):

"Characterized by resolute fearlessness, fortitude, and endurance."

Again, I came across a word I wasn't 100% sure of the meaning. So, I looked up "fortitude":

"Strength of mind that enables a person to encounter danger or bear pain or adversity with courage."

This statement is so true, in many ways that most of you don't know about. But, if you stick with reading this blog, in the future - you will understand.

I think I am going to have to take this as a compliment, I don't know if it was meant to be - but it's an interesting way to look at myself, and one that I wouldn't have done without having to look into the meaning of these words.

Peddie, if I ever get word "Intrepid" tattooed on my body - I want you to know it's going to be a direct result of you putting the word (and definition) into my mind.

I guess I'm just taken back by learning the definition. It's probably the only positive adjective anyone has ever used to describe me...

I was supposed to go check out "Smokin' Aces" tonight - a flick I've been pumped about all week. But, my buddies decided to watch "Epic Movie" first (a flick I have NO desire to see), and were going to be starting "Smokin' Aces" too late for me. Doesn't this suck? "Back in the day" I wouldn't care how late I had to stay up to watch a movie I wanted to see - but now, 8am comes REALLY EARLY!!! But, to have my nights and weekends off - I'm willing to deal with it. So, I'm going to be in Chicago all weekend - maybe I'll try to catch it while I'm there - if there's time.

The other film I really want to see this coming week is "Catch and Release". I hope to catch it soon. Here's the trailer:

4 comments:

mmaier2112 said...

"This statement is so true, in many ways that most of you don't know about."

Most folks get back damage fellatiating themselves that hard.

Shane M. White said...

Thanks Mike, I can always count on you. Sometime, down the road, you might actually regret saying that. And I hope you can admit to it.

John Peddie said...

Yes, it was meant as a compliment. I recall saying once that I admired the way you are able to put so much of yourself, your personal self, out there into your blog for public consumption. It's not something I could ever do - mostly because I'm not very interesting, but also because I don't like to let people too far in.

All I do out here in the blog-o-verse is rant and rave. You put much of your life out there for people to see. That's impressive.

mmaier2112 said...

Hey! You deleted another one of my comments!

Wussy boy.