Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Inland Empire


Sibley and I have made plans to attend a special screening of "Inland Empire" (Official Site) in Chicago on the weekend of the 27th. David Lynch is distributing the film himself, and according to the website, he's going to be at the screening that night.

It's going to be an awesome trip, but it got better when my buddy Heidi found out I was coming into town, and sent me this, in an email:

"I'm totally down for it. At the very least, though, we TOTALLY have to hang out. So let's keep in touch about it. You can't come to my city and not hang out with me - that would be illegal."

It's always nice to have someone act like they actually WANT to hang out with you. As cool as the weekend was going to be, it's looking like it's going to be even more fun than I hoped for.

I'm REALLY getting excited about the trip. I LOVE Road Trips, hence my East Coast drive. We're spending the night in Chi-Town, so it should turn into a really fun 48 hours. I'm hoping to some more road trips this summer. I'm trying to talk Zach into hitting Rondeau in Canada again. I have a feeling that multiple Weekend-Get-A-Aways are in store for 2007. Maybe some more to go back to Chicago?

Also, related to Sibley, is THIS ARTICLE from the Indy Star. Sibley is supposed to be in charge of the IMAX, when it opens. CONGRATS, bro. You know I'll be hitting you up for IMAX tickets, right???

1 comment:

Dave said...

I can't exactly say I'll be running it. It's been discussed, but not in much detail.