Tuesday, July 11, 2006

24 Frames on Skin

I live my life 24 frames at a time.
And that's what my newest Tattoo represents.
24 Frames is the exact number in one second of film.
I've been thinking about this tattoo for a long time, and finally took the first step. It's not a finished piece, and it might take a long time to finish. We're going to be inserting images into each frame of film. It's going to end up being a filmstrip of my life, filling the frame with images that reflect who I am, and where I've been, and how I got here. And every so often, a new frame will get filled in. Ryan, the artist, made lots of comments and suggestions, and I look forward to the next time I go back to see him, although I told him it would probably be a while...


2 comments:

Jason L. Maier said...

WOW! Okay I thought the drama faces were pushing it as far as doing the arms, but hey what do I know.

Shane, you have some big balls to put something that big on your arm...congrats I hope you enjoy those frames.

Keep rocking the skies my friend.

mmaier2112 said...

That's why we love Shane. Because he's fucking insane.

I'm a poet and don't know it. And I ain't afraid to show it.

And I still hate the word verification... and why is there a gimp picture there?