Monday, July 14, 2014

Started a New Project

I know its been a few days since I checked in here.
It was a long weekend of work, and then the World Cup Final took up most of my day yesterday - as my roommate and I hosted some people over for a cookout and viewing.  It was a great time, and I was VERY happy to see Germany come out on top!!!

I've had some free time to think over some things recently, and I just kept trying to decide what I was going to do as far as writing goes.  I'm still stuck in a holding pattern on "Perfect Life For Large Price" - which I want to find the motivation to finish, but it is just not there at the moment.

So, I began thinking about what I like, and what I enjoy writing about.  Obviously, if you know me, these things won't come as a surprise: Time travel, relationships, and the supernatural/unknown (like David Lynchian Style).  These all reminded me of a project from back in 2001, when two friends and I mapped out a concept for a Television Series we wanted to do.  It deals with the Occult and lots of supernatural elements including some pretty weird time-travel-like moments.

So, this morning I dug those notes out of my boxes and started reading over them again, and getting a little bit of a passion for this project again.  Obviously, I'm going to make some changes and elaborate on some various things we never addressed, and flesh out a few more characters - but the concept, the tone, the idea, it will all still be there in this epic battle of good vs. evil.  We originally called it "The Hallway" - and in 2008, I attempted to convert this into a screenplay called "What Happened to Stephanie Carlisle?" which I wanted to be GemInI Films next project.  Sadly, that never shaped into anything - which now gives me the chance to once again re-visit it, dust off the ideas, and see what I can turn it into.  Can I even make this a trilogy?  I've mapped out the first few chapters - which is always motivating to me, and helps me write knowing where I am going next.  So, I feel like I will get those done over the next few days.  I've already sat down this afternoon and knocked out the first 500 words of the Prologue.

Now, as I take a break to make some dinner - I keep staring out the back patio and noticing the intense weather going through Indianapolis right now.  Dark skies, lots of rain, heavy winds...  Making me want to put in "Twister".  Hopefully I decide to pick writing more over viewing that movie...

No comments: