Monday, July 14, 2014

Prologue Written

So, in my last post I talked about beginning work on "The Hallway".
I have now written the Prologue to the novel, which technically serves as the set up for the final confrontation - yes, as you know, I also like telling storied non-linear-style.

I set up the main character and the antagonist.  And begin to explain a little bit about the city where these events take place.  It's going to be rich with characters, and the main character actually won't pop up for a chapter or two, while some of the other set up begins happening.  So, I wanted to make sure and do this first, so that the audience knows who they will be ultimately rooting for.  Chapter One will start off really creepy and disturbing, and I didn't want that alone to scare people away.  I wanted them to know they were going to eventually meet this man, who is going to be a part of something very supernatural and difficult.  I'm really happy with the 1000+ words I wrote today, and really looking forward to working on the next chapter.

I'm going to take a little slower with this one before I start posting them online, but I probably will sooner than later.  I just wanted to get a couple more chapters done first, and I'm trying to consider the idea of making a Facebook page to post the writing on.  As I've previously lamented about, Facebook seems to dominate the web these days, and if I want this to be easily accessible to people, I might want to take that route for posting the chapters.  We'll see how it goes.  Still going to knock out a few chapters to make sure I'm committed to this, before I start sharing with everyone.  Although, I did send the Prologue to my close friend Claire to get her feedback.  We'll see how that goes...

Felt really good to write today.  Felt really good to be creative.  Gong to spend some time tonight going over all of the notes, piecing some things together and start mapping out the next few chapters - that always seems to help me in my writing process, to know exactly where I am going exactly on what timetable of writing.  Feeling good right now.

No comments: