Monday, April 14, 2008

"Hard Candy" Review

I actually watched "Hard Candy" last Thursday, I just haven't found the time, until now, to type up my review of the flick.

Much like "Funny Games", this film is a slow and psychological film. It has a very small cast, and is very dialogue heavy. There is some occasional violence, however it is usually quick and brief.

See, I'm afraid to type too much. The trailer is so perfectly cut together that it truly doesn't reveal too much of the film, and I don't want to give away too much.

I do recommend the film, I do think it's something interesting to watch and it has some very serious character development that is actually relevant and eludes to many of the overall themes that are addressed by the end of the film. And it does a pretty good job of keeping you guessing about what is really going on.

And, it's fairly short, however due to the large amount of dialogue, it does sometimes seem sluggish at first, however the second half of the film does a pretty good job of keeping the pace moving at a fairly quick speed.

It's a pretty smart thriller that doesn't treat the audience like a bunch of idiots. I enjoyed it, despite the scenes that disturbed me. Ellen Page does an amazing job, and as some seriously freaky moments in the film.

No comments: