Friday, June 02, 2006

"The Break-Up"

If you're like me, many time when you go to the movies, you place yourself and your friends in various characters in the film. Or, when you're sitting around a party you start assigning people at the party based on personalities.

Then, sometimes comes a movie where you don't have to pretend. Because you've recently gone through every single last thing depicted in the film. And you can sit there and remember those exact same words and those exact same fights. That's "The Break-Up" for me, in a nutshell.

The movie is mediocre. Still not a good addition to this summer line up. While it is REALLY FUNNY at time, the film drags on. It overplays stereotypes. And the drama is just bad. It's honestly like two short stories put together to make a long film. Some things work well, others just fall flat. And it's going to upset lots of moviegoers, and it's not going to be a repeat viewing film for most people.

I had dinner with Zach and Jenny tonight, my present to Zach for his birthday. We talked about the re-filming of "No One Dies" and we discussed the plans for "Crazy About You" and his editing schedule on it. It was a good time and fun to spend some time with Zach.

And it's really interesting how ONE DAY can be filled with so many ups and downs. I was dealing with the ups and down of "No One Dies", when I get a really nice email from a friend, to being told things about former friends that bring me down and upset me, to... I don't even know where I am right now. I'm stuck in the middle. I'm attempting to move on and live this HAPPY GO LUCKY lifestyle, while I'm just not all here up in my head. Life just doesn't make sense sometimes. But, it all happens for a reason. It's going to make me stronger.

59 Days and counting...

No comments: