Monday, January 14, 2008

"Definitely, Maybe"

"From the Makers of 'Notting Hill' and 'Love Actually'".
Honestly, that's all it took to get me interested in the film.
Ryan Reynolds was a bonus.
"A second look at the past, will give him a second chance at the future" was also a pretty wicked tagline, that sparked some more interest.

Then, I found the trailer for "Definitely, Maybe" and now I CAN NOT WAIT to see this flick. It looks awesome, and now I'll just have to arrange a date for myself for Valentine's Day.









CLICK HERE to check out the trailer in High-Def.
Add in that the film is directed (and written) by the Adam Brooks, who also wrote and directed "The Invisible Circus", which was a movie I REALLY enjoyed a few years back (despite one or two things in the story, overall I thought it was a pretty well made and well acted film). And because it looks like he's made a really awesome film, I will forgive him for being the screenwriter on "Bridget Jones 2". Hey, every screenwriter needs to get paid, right? I don't blame him, look at Brian Helgeland ("L.A. Confidential" and "The Postman" both in 1997 - Won an Oscar for writing, at the same time his other movie was being considered one of the worst things ever put on film...).

Alright, time to start taking applications for my downtown dinner and "Definitely, Maybe" date on Valentine's Day...

No comments: