Friday, September 22, 2006

"Feast"

First off, I COULD NOT HANDLE IT ANYMORE!!!
I was tired of lying around the house - I ALWAYS have to have something to do. I CAN NOT just sit around and do nothing. My attention span is SHORT to begin with, and after almost a week of lying around, I can only watch so much Poker, and so much ESPN. I HAD TO get out of the house. And with the foot healing up, I felt like I could drive to work.

I wanted to sit down with my new boss and talk to her about "the future". Sadly, we don't agree on some things. Granted, I'm often hard-headed, but after being in this business going on 8 years - I think I know some of what I'm talking about, and I feel that I've earned some of the things I'm asking for. Sadly, she doesn't see things the same way. So, we're trying to work on a compromise. I think things will eventually work out, I've just got to stick with it/her for a while. She just sees things differently, and... I don't know. It will all work out. I can already tell that things are going to be MUCH BETTER at work - to start with, I was completely prepared to pick up some shifts this weekend. But, NO. I was told to take this weekend off. Finish getting healed. And come back to work on Monday. Right on!

Now, I did get "suckered" into doing some work tonight - but I'm not going to complain. I sat around and built up a bunch of movies - because I'm trying to pull my weight (I just wish I would have remembered to bring my iPod!) and I was waiting around for my friends to arrive to watch "Feast"...

What can I say about "Feast"???

What can I say?

IT ROCKS! IF you go with a group of friends. IF you're all in the mood to have a good time. IF you enjoy CRAZY OVER-THE-TOP ZANY WACKED-OUT RIDICULOUS GORE. We laughed from the first minute to the last shot. This script was GREAT! It was such an amazing ride. Things popping out of everywhere. Violent gory deaths. It was SO MUCH FUN TO LAUGH AT. BUT - I (personally) needed to watch it with my friends, because if I didn't have someone to turn to, and laugh with, I don't think it would be as funny. This is something I REALLY want to watch with ALL of my friends at our Halloween Party. (And THANKFULLY it's being released on DVD on Oct. 17th!)

It's BONKERS.

I'm laughing right now, remembering the RIDICULOUS one-liners. The gags work. The suspension of disbelief is VERY HIGH! It was just fun. It's NOT an Oscar Worthy flick, by any means, but I really enjoyed it. Too funny. Too funny.

If you live in Indy. And you like HORROR flicks. And you like FUNNY HORROR FLICKS. And you like RIDICULOUS OVER-THE-TOP ZANY CRAZY FUNNY HORROR FLICKS - then you should hit Republic Theatres on FRIDAY or SATURDAY NIGHT ONLY!!! Grab some friends, and get ready to enjoy a good time. If you're not from Indy - then check out THIS LIST to see where its playing near you.

We got into a discussion about "The Last Kiss" tonight, and I've made up my mind that while ALL YOU AWESOME PEOPLE are going to see "Feast", I'm going to try to catch "The Last Kiss" again this weekend. I know a couple of people who have said they want to see it, so hopefully I can convince someone to tag along with me. I really wish I was working more recently... There's some cheap Colts tickets available for Sunday's game - but I really can't afford them right now. BUMMER. I guess I'll have to watch it on T.V. AGAIN this weekend.

It's late. I need sleep. PEACE WORLD!

No comments: