Monday, August 14, 2006

Crappy Movie Day

Today, I had the distaste of viewing two completely HORRIBLE films.

First up, Sibley and I went to see "The Night Listener" - and it SUCKED.
There was SO MUCH CRAP in that movie that didn't need to be there, and didn't make sense, and didn't progress the story AT ALL. But, then the problem is that if you remove all of that: You've got a ten minute movie, that doesn't make ANY SENSE! There was really no way and nothing to do to save this movie - UNLESS the remade the movie with the twist that I predicted at the beginning. I leaned over to Dave and I told him what I thought was going to happen. I was wrong, but had I been right - it would have been a GOOD movie. Sometimes I REALLY wonder how crap like this gets funding and produced. Friends of Friends with money... I guess that's how, because this script was AWFUL!

Then, I was convinced to go watch "The Descent" with some other friends. I've been very adament that I didn't want to see the film, but then three of foru good friends have been telling me that they REALLY liked the film. Employees and managers at work, other friends I do movies with, etc... I had not heard one bad review of the flick. WHAT WAS EVERYONE ELSE WATCHING!?!?!?!?! That was one of the worst movies I've seen this year! HOLY CRAP it was stupid! STUPID! STUPID, I SAY! I can't believe people actually enjoyed and found it scary. I laughed through most of it, and thought the rest was just dumb. It takes WAY to long to start killing these girls, and by the time they do start to get killed - I'm ROOTING for the bad guys, because these chicks have annoyed me to death!

Why do films like this get made? It BLOWS my mind!

1 comment:

Dave said...

I disagree about your theory on The Night Listener being a better idea than what was actually there.

Yes, Night Listener sucked hard. Your theory is just another one of those, the main character is crazy in a psychological thriller. It's been done. It would have made more sense for the rest of the movie, but it still probably would have sucked.