Thursday, May 11, 2006

"What Love Is"

Those who know me, know how much I respect and admire Mars Callahan for the film "Poolhall Junkies" which later became part of the inspiration behind "Reunion". I'm also a fan of his previous film "Double Down" and always get a laugh when I catch him acting at the end of "That Thing You Do!".

I'm a big fan of his dialogue and the dry humor his characters envoke upon one another. It's quick and witty and I enjoy that. So, I've been waiting a fairly long time for another movie from Mars. And finally, there's a semi-official website from Big Sky Motion Pictures that's dedicated to his new film: "What Love Is".

And this flick has one heckuva cast:
Cuba Gooding, Jr.
Matthew Lillard
Mars Callahan
Sean Astin
Anne Heche
Gina Gershon
Shiri Appleby

It's nice to see someone whose work I have previously admired taking steps up in the film world, and going from low budget flicks without big names, to doing a studio flick with some High B Listers on it. Big Sky's website reports the film is in post production, so I can only hope that it will be out sometime this year.

From 8:30pm to 8:37pm I was glued to FOX, while I was watching a 7-minute preview of "X-Men 3: The Last Stand". It looked AMAZING. I'm really looking forward to seeing it, and I'm REALLY ANNOYED at the fact that I know Jason is going to the screening of the film in NYC tomorrow night. How lucky is that punk? The footage is supposed to be posted online after midnight, and I'm sure I'll link to it sometime after that.

No comments: